What are my Eco-Credentials?
Why do I call myself a Green Social Media Consultant?
I am a green social media consultant because most parts of my life are green or eco and this is true of my work life and office. So if you are a green or eco business you can work with me knowing:
- I know what I am talking about when it comes to getting results on Social Media
- I have extensive knowledge about environmental matters
- My green ethos runs through my business like it runs through yours
- I am likely to be your ideal client, so can help you create content suited for your ideal client
Here are my eco-credentials:
- All electricity used in my office is either generated on site via my Solar PV array or comes from Good Energy, one of the greenest energy provides in the UK
- All hot water is either heated by the Solar Thermal panels in the summer or via the wood burning stove in the winter
- All heating is provided by the wood burning stove
- All lighting is low energy or natural sunlight
- Where possible I deal with small local companies to provide my own business services
- When I use paper products they are made from recycled or reused paper, this includes copier paper, note pads & envelopes
- When I print out a document in rough I reuse paper that has already been printed on one side
- All used paper products are either recycled or burnt on the wood burner
- Although I use my car most of the time, as public transport in rural Lincolnshire is expensive, I don’t make unnecessary journeys.
- When I travel to London I drive part way and then catch a train
- Tea and coffee is fairtrade and organic
- Milk is organic
- Reusable cups are always used
- Cleaning products are always eco-friendly and never tested on animals
- I have worked in the recycling and waste minimisation industry, habitat and species conservation, green retail and green education.