About a year ago I started out on the Become a Mumpreneur Course run by Antonia Chitty and Erica Douglas. At that point I was running my business Green Aspirations selling environmental and ethical gifts via my online store and stalls at craft and gift events. The course has given me the boost I needed to take my business to the next level. I have made some fantastic business contacts and met some lovely business mums because of the course.
Here is a summary of what I have achieved in the last year.
- February I set up and started blogging at my Green and Natural Living Blog with the help of the fantastic Tame Techy, who was also on the BAM course with me.
- March I started out on Twitter @GreenAspiration and am really enjoying tweeting. I now have 680 followers. Thanks to all the BAM ladies that helped me out in my early tweeting days, when I was asking them lots of questions.
- In the summer I did my first video blog, a tour around my small holding.
- September I set up Business Mums Lincs to provide networking opportunities for mums in business in Lincolnshire and set up my second blog to go with it.
- October I went to Nottingham to attend the excellent Business Mums Unite Conference, where I meet loads of lovely mums in business and listened to some inspirational speakers. All thanks to the wonderful Kizzy Bass another brilliant business mum from the BAM course.
- November I ran my first Business Mums Lincs Social Media Workshop, which was lots of fun and a steep learning curve for me.
- November and December were busy for me with Christmas craft fayres and sales from the Green Aspirations online shop
Mandy Taylor or the Tame Techy, as she might prefer to be called, helped me so much in setting up my first blog and was so patient with me in the early days of my journey into blogging. I would not be writing this blog post if not for her. Mandy is one of the very successful BAM mums, I haven’t met her in person but maybe in 2012 we might manage a BAM meet up.