How to get more views on YouTube
Are you creating YouTube videos?
Video is everywhere, there is Facebook Live, IGTV, Reels on Instagram, Fleets on Twitter, and of course, the main place for video is YouTube. Video is great for connecting with people especially if you are talking to the camera. It is the next best thing to being in a room with someone. The person watching can hear your voice and see your face, they can tell whether you are reading from a script or whether you are talking about something you are an expert in and so don’t need a script.
Are you making use of search on YouTube?
YouTube is the second largest search engine and it is owned by the largest search engine Google. It is the place people go to search for How to videos, funny cat videos, and videos about their favourite topic. So it makes sense if you feel comfortable talking to the camera, to use video as part of your marketing strategy. However, many people spend their precious time creating videos for YouTube but they don’t optimise those videos on YouTube to get them seen by their ideal clients.
The thing that both Google and YouTube are good at is search. Think of the last time you went onto Google or YouTube what did you do? You typed words into the search bar to find information about the topic you were interested in. The videos that appear on YouTube usually have some of the words in the title that match what you typed in the search bar. So make sure that your video has a title that tells people what the video is about.
Do you want more views on your YouTube videos?
Watch my video below to find out how to get more views on YouTube.
A summary of the tips I share in the video are below:
- Use descriptive titles for your videos use keywords that your clients are searching for.
- Use the same keywords in the description box below the title, giving more information about what you cover in the video.
- Wait until the end of your video for the call to action, as you want people to watch as much of your video as possible.
- Make sure your channel has all the links to you on Social Media and your website, you can also add this information to the description box under each video.
There are lots of other things that you can do to help get your videos seen by more people like adding an attention-grabbing custom thumbnail to your videos. Or editing your Facebook Live videos on YouTube to get rid of the talkie bits, where you are saying Hi to people as they join so that your YouTube video just has the quality content that you shared in the Facebook Live. I have also written an article about my 3 top tips for getting more views on YouTube.
If you are serious about getting more people to see your YouTube videos you can work with me for an hour or maybe 2, depending on where you are with YouTube.
What you get from your 1 to 1 session with me
- you will have a YouTube channel to be proud of
- you will understand how YouTube works
- you will have a strategy & checklist to use for each video you upload
- you will be able to go and edit existing videos to get more views on those too
- you will get a recording of your session to refer back to
- and your videos will be getting more views
We work 1 to 1 together via Zoom so that I can screen share to show you live how to do things, we will choose one video to optimise during the session. If you are interested in working with me please email me at email@example.com