Networking with Lincs Connect
When you are starting out on Twitter it is sometimes difficult to get going with it, especially if you aren’t getting anyone retweeting your tweets or chatting with you. Finding a local Twitter networking group with other local businesses and people to tweet with is very useful. Networking hours are good but can sometimes be full of self promoting automated tweets rather than people chatting and retweeting. Also it maybe difficult to attend if the hour clashes with other commitments, so using a hashtag such as #LincsConnect, which is 24/7 is a great alternative.
Lincs Connect started out on Twitter and the idea is to follow @LincsConnect then use #LincsConnect in your tweets and some people will retweet your tweets. If you retweet other peoples tweets with #LincsConnect in then you are more likely to get retweets and people are more likely to chat with you. Below you can see that these tweets have been retweeted.
Lincs Connect has now expanded and has a monthly networking meeting at the Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa, usually on the first Friday of the month from 5.30pm. However this month it is on the 11th of July at The Petwood 5.30pm onwards. It is a really friendly group and helps you get to know the people behind the Twitter names and build relationships with those people. It is also good fun and we have a laugh.
There is a great mix of people that attend and support Lincs Connect from small businesses like myself, to volunteers from various Lincolnshire charities, crafters and bloggers. Some people have lots of followers on Twitter and some are fairly new to Twitter. So here is a bit more about some of the great tweeters that attend:
@MANDARINLEISURE Martin knows a lot of people and is a great supporter of Lincs Connect regularly attending the meetings and retweeting people’s tweets.
The lovely Ann @SouthreyCottage is a keen gardener and tweets about what is going on around Lincoln.
@LivesHQ regularly attends the Lincs Connect meetings if he isn’t busy around the county saving lives.
@AggieMoore is a very busy lady also tweeting for @WoodhallSpaShow, a keen photographer and baker of yummy cakes, regular #LincsConnect & #clubhectare tweeter
@themanorhousebb Christ is a generous and positive retweeter, great supporter of farming and Lincolnshire #clubhectare #LincsConnect & #LincsHour
Other lovely people you might meet at a Lincs Connect meeting are:
- @RuralPics – James a rural farming and agricultural photographer
- @suddenadultdeat – Teresa a dedicated volunteer and mum raising money and awareness about Sudden Adult Death
- @WoodhallSpa1 – Country Girl Katie lovely local with her finger on the pulse of what is happening in Woodhall Spa
- @GaryBosworth – Horse behaviour expert
- @SamCollins100 – lovely lady who makes fantastic vintage button necklaces
- @thelocalprinter – Woodhall Printer Michael can help you with your business stationary and much more
- @pmountainmbe – Pauline a lady who is passionate about helping Lincolnshire carers
- @GinzandTonic – Gini a poet blogging on WordPress for a year or more?
- @CVleaflets – Leaflet distributer based in Lincoln covering the whole of the East Midlands
- @Sunshinecoach – Wendy Tomlinson who can help you live the life you want
There are lots of other lovely people that attend and you don’t have to be on Twitter to come along and network. So why not join in the conversation at #LincsConnect on Twitter and pop along to The Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa on Friday 11th July 5.30pm, for a drink and a chat. Lincs Connect putting the Social into Social Media.