Do you concentrate most of your networking online? Too busy to go to local networking events? Find the time and make the effort to go to a local networking events near you. Recently I have found some great networking groups in Lincolnshire, I like getting out and meeting people as being a sole trader sat behind a computer all day, face to face social interaction is limited.
Benefits of attending your local networking group:
- You meet people face to face and can get a feel for whether you can work with that person
- People will get to know, like and trust you quicker meeting you in person, than when you are on line
- You can find local business people that may be useful to you and your business
- It gets you out of the office chatting with people that are in a similar situation to you
- You might even get some direct business from it
- People you meet might recommend you to their friends or business contacts
- Listening to interesting speakers on their specialty
- Contacts you make and relationships you build may be useful in the future
Since starting networking in Lincolnshire I have gained new clients, found people who are able to print my leaflets and found a T’ai Chi expert.
Read my post about some of my favourite networking groups in Lincolnshire
What are your experiences of networking in person? Leave me a comment below.